The process of issue visa based on following acts of the Republic of Tajikistan:
1. The Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan on “Rules about the Order of Processing, Issuing and Electronic Visas of Republic of Tajikistan to Foreign Citizens and Persons Without Citizenship” dated 25 January 2009, №31;
2. The Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, on "Rates of Duties and Payments for Performance of Legal Acts and Rights and Permissions for Use of Natural and Other Resources", dated on November 2, 2007, №.546;
The Embassy of the Republic of Tajikistan to the Republic of Turkey issued the following types of visa to foreign citizens:
1) Diplomatic visas (Д) will be issued to:
- Head of Sates, Governments of the foreign country.
- To members of official foreign delegations.
- To diplomatic agents of diplomatic representatives and consular officials of consular establishments.
- To employees of foreign policy Departments, foreign diplomatic and consular couriers.
- To employees of representations of the international organizations, whom the Republic of Tajikistan admits their diplomatic status.
- To the inspectors who are carrying out inspections in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan according to the international contracts, which the Republic of Tajikistan is a participant.
- To members of families of the listed persons, having diplomatic passports.
2) Official visas (Х) will be issued to the following foreign citizens:
- To members of official foreign delegations;
- To the administrative-technical and attendants employees of diplomatic representatives;
- To consular employees and workers of the attendants of consular establishments of the foreign states;
- To employees of the international organizations in the Republic of Tajikistan;
- To the persons carrying diplomatic mail, in the absence of a diplomatic passport;
- To the honorable Consuls of the Republic of Tajikistan abroad;
- To the foreign citizens who are traveling to the Republic of Tajikistan on service affairs, on behalf of the ministries and the departments of the foreign states, irrespective of a category of passports shown by them;
- To the members of families of above listed persons.
3) Business visas (К) will be issued to the following applicants:
- Traveling to participate in business negotiations, at meetings, symposiums, forums, conferences, tenders, auctions, exhibitions and fairs;
- the conclusion of contracts, the creation of joint ventures, studying of Tajik market, participation in, rendering of advisory and auditor services and so forth).
4) Work visas (M) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizens who are going to the Republic of Tajikistan for work, including, according to international contracts and agreements.
- To the members of families of above listed persons.
5) Tourism visas (T) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizen traveling to the Republic of Tajikistan as a tourist or a group of foreign citizens who are going to Tajikistan for the purpose of tourism.
This type of visa will be issued in the Embassy only for foreign citizens and stateless persons, who not in the list of country, which their citizens may obtobtainjikistan visas in a simplified procedure. The citizens of country who are in List should obtine visa trough e-visa system.
6) Educational academic visas (O-1) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizens who are studying in the educational establishments of the Republic of Tajikistan.
- To the masters and aspirations (postgraduate stage).
- To the persons who are working for the doctor’s degree.
7) Educational visas (O-2) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizens who are going to Tajikistan or are in the Republic of Tajikistan for studying, on an educational practice or training.
- To the persons who are going to Tajikistan to enter educational establishments of the Republic of Tajikistan.
- To the persons who are going to Tajikistan to temporarily attend the language learning courses.
- To the members of families of the above listed persons.
8) Private visas (XC1) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizens who are going to the Republic of Tajikistan on a visit to relatives and friends, vacation, for treatment or with the other purposes of private character (participate in merriage ceremony, burial ceremony or other private parties);
9) Private visas (XC2) will be issued to the following applicants:
- to the ex-citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan
- to the first-degree relatives of the citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan;
10) Private visas (XC3) wil be issued to the following applicants:
- to the children of the citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan, who optain foreign state citizenship by birth til 25 years old.
11) Free economic zone visas (МОИ) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizens-investors who are going to Tajikistan for the realization of labour and enterprise activity in the territory of Free Economic Zones
12) The driver’s visas (Н) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To drivers of the vehicles transporting a cargo and passengers.
13) Mass media visas (Ж) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To correspondents, operators.
- To journalists and other employees of foreign mass media.
- To members of their families.
14) The missionary visas (ТД) will be issued to the following applicants:
- For foreign persons-employees of the religious organizations who are carrying out or intending to carry out the activity in the Republic of Tajikistan.
15) The Humanitarian visas (Б) will be issued to the following applicants:
- To the foreign citizens who are coming to Tajikistan with the purpose of delivery or support of cargoes of the humanitarian aids.
16) The transit visas (ТР) issued to foreigners up to 72 hours, who are going to use Tajikistan Territory as transit for traveling to destination country. Foreigner or Stateless person, who is traveling transit to third country through airport, visa not required, if he/she not cross state border of Tajikistan. In case of force majeure situation (earthquaker, floods or any other kind natural disaster, which may delayed flight till 24 hours) the foreigner who are traveling to third country may be evacuated in hotel without visa till normalization of situation. Transit visa will be issued if applicant has destination country’s visa or this country not required visa for him/her.
It shoud be noted that the Embassy not issued “C” (investor) and “ИД» (perminent resident) visas. “C” and “ИД” visas are issued by Main Consular Department of MFA.
It is necessary to know that under “family members” are understood: spouse, children, children adopted by foreign citizen.
The following documents are submitted to the Embassy for processing and issuing of visa:
• Verbal note (for issuance of diplomatic and service visa), Pettition of Letter (for other tipe of visas);
• Hard copy of visa application fulfilded online;
• Visa request from Main Consular Department of MFA of the Republic of Tajikistan (working, tourist for citizens of countries not indicated in List, free economic zone, immigration, mas media);
• Application and notification of visa registration office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (for issuance of private and immigration visas);
• High quality photocopies of passport and correct image;
• Piomertic photo 5x6;
• Receipt on payment of consular fee.
Note: Receipt is submitted after the study of the documents and positive decision of visa issuance.
Visa application should be applied trough online and signed by applicant, answers should be complete and correct.
Regarding the type of visas there are additional documents which required to submit online and original in hard copy:
1) For the diplomatic visas:
- A verbal note from diplomatic representatives, consular mission of the foreign States, international organizations or representatives of international organizations accredited in Tajikistan;
2) For the official visas:
- A verbal note from diplomatic representatives, consular mission of the foreign States, international organizations or representatives of international organizations accredited in Tajikistan for holder of ordinary, service or special passports.
3) For the business visas:
- A letter-petition of Tajikistan state organs or legal entities, filial or representations of the foreign companies, organizations and other legal entity irrespective of their form of ownership, leter petition from Turkish company depend in concret cases.
4) For the work visas:
- A petition-letter of inviting organization or sertificate coppy of labour or civil contract with inviting personal.
5) For the tourism visas:
- A petition- letter of the tourist organizations which are licensed to do tourist activities.
6) For the educational visas (O1 and O2):
- A petition-letter of educational and scientific institutions, statement of an applicant - entrant for the intention, or petition-letter of sending educational institution in host country directing the foreign student on a training, under the programs of an exchange, for an educational practice and studying language.
7) For the free economic zone visas:
- A letter-petition of the Administration of free economic zones and the copy of License of Foreign Workers Recruitment of inviting organization.
8) For the private visa type XC1:
- A notice of Migratory service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan.
- A Letter-petition of Medical Institution, where foreign will reciave treatment there.
In exceptional situation (death or serious illness of citizen of the Republic of Tajikistan or foreign citizen or stateless person, who has permit residence in Tajikistan and applicant has in relationship link with him or her) private visa type XC1 can be issued for maximum 1 month without notice of Migratory service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs if applicant will presented document sertificated this exeptional situation issued by medical institution.
9) For privae visa type XC2:
- for ex-citezens of the Republic of Tajikistan - birth sertificat and his statement;
- for the relatives of Tajikistan citezen - stattment of a citizen of Tajikistan and documents certifying relationship (marriage certificate or birth certificate) with foreigner;
10) For the driver’s visas:
- a petition of the legal persons irrespective of their form of ownership;
- a license for the realization of activity on the international transportation;
- a copy of an insurance policy on the vehicle;
- a copy of a Driving license;
11) For the mass media visas
- a verbal note of foreign policy Departments
- a letter-petition of foreign mass media
- an accreditation card of the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Tajikistan
12) For the missionary visas:
- a petition-letter of religious organization, registrated in Tajikistan;
- a information of registration and activity of religious organization issued by competent authority of the Republic of Tajikistan;
13) For the humanitarian visas:
- a verbal note of foreign policy Departments and other organization of sending humanitarian goods, irrespective of their form of ownership;
- a letter-petition of official bodies of the Republic of Tajikistan;
It should be noted that there are two main kinds of Tajikistan visa:
1) Standard visa (sticker visa)
2) Electronic visa
For Obtaining Tajikistan both kind visas a foreign citizen or stateless persons should apply application electron trough Visa Portal System of Tajikistan. Applicant should have access to Internet for applying visa with Visa Portal System of Tajikistan.
Sticers visas applied trough web page www.visa.gov.tj.
All type, long-time and multiple visas are subject of regulation of standard (sticker) visa system. Standard visa required assessment proses through obtaining biometric date of applicants in site of issued of visa.
Electronic visa applied through www.evisa.tj.
E-visa issued for period of 90 days and for single entrance, and it owner may stay in the territory of Tajikistan not more than 45 day in this period. E-visa not objects for extension.
Official Website of the President of theRepublic of Tajikistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
State Committee on Investments and State property management
Committee of Tourism Development
National Center of Legislation
National Information Agency ofTajikistan "Khovar"
Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Address: Ferit Recai Ertuğrul Street No: 20, Diplomatic area, Oran, Cankaya/Ankara
Tel: (+90) 312 491 16 07, fax: (+90) 312 491 16 03