On February 20th, 2015, Tajikistan acceded to the Hague Convention abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents adopting October 5, 1961.
In accordance with Article 2 of Convention, documents which are apostilled in territory of State Members should be recognized in the territory of another State Member of Convention without any further legalization.
Documents are required apostille
Public documents which have been executed in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan and which have to be produced in the territory of another Member State of Convention required apostille.
In original copy of documents which have been executed in the territory of former Tajik Soviet Socialistic Republic or another Soviet Socialist Republics apostille not will be produced. Apostille can be issued after notary certify of such kind of documents.
The following documents cannot be apostilled:
- documents signed/sealed/issued by the Diplomatic missions and Consulates of the Republic of Tajikistan abroad;
- administrative documents dealing directly with commercial or customs operations (e.g., certificates of origin or import or export licenses);
- documents which cannot be sent abroad (e.g., military docs, IDs);
Authorities have competent to issue the apostille certificates in the Republic of Tajikistan are:
The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Tajikistan affixes apostilles to the following documents:
- Tajik civil documents issued by the civil status registry office;
- Public documents issued by the state notaries public;
- Documents issued by courts and execution procedure authorities;
- Documents issued by office of public prosecutor;
The Ministry of Foreign affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan issues apostille for all other public documents, except above mentioned.
List of of documents are required from applicant for apostille
Applicant should present following document before applying request for apostille:
- Application form or a covering letter from legal entity
- Passport of presenting document + copy
- Document to which the Apostille is to be attached + copy
- Certificate of taxpayer + copy (for Tajik residents)
- Certificate of incorporation (for legal entity)
- Receipt of payment
- Power of attorneyif document will be presented by another person notarization
Term of assessment and consular fees for Apostille
It normally takes 5 business days to verify an official's signature/seal and placing an apostille on the document. For urgent enquiries it will take up to 3 business days.
As some applications may require further enquiries, these applications may take longer than above mentioned, but not more 30 calendar days.
The fee is 5 USD for individuals and 10 USD for legal entity for per document. In case of express service (1-3 working days) fee will be increased up to 100%.
Official Website of the President of theRepublic of Tajikistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
State Committee on Investments and State property management
Committee of Tourism Development
National Center of Legislation
National Information Agency ofTajikistan "Khovar"
Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Address: Ferit Recai Ertuğrul Street No: 20, Diplomatic area, Oran, Cankaya/Ankara
Tel: (+90) 312 491 16 07, fax: (+90) 312 491 16 03